So many thoughts going around in my head right now... like, what to write, how long to write, etc.
- As of last year, I completed 10 of 15 units of a Cert III in Aged Care course. Currently, I'm completing the other 5 units.
- I am now the Choir Manager, Public Officer and Assistant Conductor for the North Coast Performing Arts Association ( ncpaa.org.au ) and we have a concert next month, on Sept 22... Karl Jenkins' "The Armed Man: A Mass For Peace" ... it's the International Day of Peace that day, so that worked out well. I have a solo there too. Should be good.
- Have joined a quartet called Karisma. It's based in Sydney (Aus), so we all meet up once a term, give or take. The original four ladies started singing 40 years ago, and remained in touch the entire time. They got together at the start of the year, and because one of them cannot do it any more, I was invited to join them. The first chord we sang was outstanding! It was so nice to be in a small group again.
- I'm also in the ensemble cast for The Secret Garden, being performed by the Coffs Harbour Musical Comedy Company... already it is sounding wonderful, and apart from a few scenes, we've almost nailed the first act! This will be happening from Nov 8 til Dec 1.
- Completely and utterly lonely. This point isn't really important... but I guess I just miss hugs. Choir hugs are great, but still miss good hugs.
um... what else...
Nope, that's about it. The rest of the time, I'm avoiding family, spending time on the computer doing mindless things like playing LotRO and killing orcs... or playing Sims3. I guess that's because I have no control over my life, and feel better to have control over my sims... I don't know.
I'm just ranting and rambling now. I think I'll just stop here. Don't like boring people...
Have a wonderful rest of August, people.